When trying to reset your router, you need to know everything about your router. If you are a Mediacom router user, please, learn How to reset the Mediacom router. Once you reset your router, then the router performs as well. After resetting your Mediacom router will remove any kind of memory errors, and obviously, your router to start over with default new settings.
I discussed some troubleshooting methods which are helpful for resetting your Mediacom router. And you need to know these methods, including how to reset the Mediacom wifi router. Here are all the details about resetting the MediaCom router:
How to reset the Mediacom router manually
When you want to reset your Mediacom router, please apply some steps: the manual reset method. These steps are described here:
Total Time: 5 minutes
You need to unplug each cable
Firstly, you removed the cable from your router. If you are a stand-alone router user, please, unplug the ethernet cable, and if it is a combo of cable modem-router, then you need to remove the coaxial cable.
Of course, unplug the power cable adopter and leave the router to cool down for 15-20 minutes.
Start the reset process
If you see the Mediacom router is cooled down, so now you can plug the power cord again and wait for a few minutes to get stable power.
After that, you need to check the reset button at the back of your router.
Then push it for 35 seconds at least. When the light of your router begins to blink, then you can leave the reset button. Of course, it will take a while in the light blinking process and eventually will appear as a stable light.
Reconnect each cable wire
When you see the light is stable, obviously, you can reconnect your coaxial or ethernet cable to your router and wait for the internet light to glow.
Then you need to check that each wire is plugged correctly and that there is no loose connection on each side of the cable.
Lastly, you need to know about configuration. The important thing is that the internet connection must be restored at this time, and it will utilize the default configurations.
If any case, if your internet won’t work correctly, you may require to create specific tweaks in the settings.
You go to the setting of your Mediacom router via your internet browser.
I hope this information is helpful for you, so stay here and read the next section, which is related to How to reset Mediacom wifi router.
- Mediacom Router
Materials: Software Hardware
Video Guide on How to reset the Mediacom router
How to reset the Mediacom wifi router through the control panel?
Sometimes you may be tired of the complicated reset button method, and even if you didn’t successfully work to recover the failed network connection. Obviously, you can reset your router by another method around.
Simply, you can go to the Mediacom website and required logging in to the control panel.
- Properly check the cables connection
- Firstly, you need to check that the router is connected to the internet and ethernet cable or coaxial cable is plugged into the router or modem-router combo, respectively.
- Need to log in to the control panel
- Then you can use your Username and Password to login into your Online Mediacom control panel. Please, go to this link, and you can open the login page: https://homewifi.mediacomcable.com/prime-home/control-panel/login/.
- Then proceed with the reset process
- When you complete the login, please, go to the menu Page and then go to the settings by selecting the gear icon.
- You need to touch the System tab, press the “Router” tab, and then choose the “Reset” button. You will reset your Mediacom Router to its default settings.
- You need to check the internet connection
- When you complete your reset process, wait for 3-4 min and then reinitiate everything.
- Of course, you are all set to utilize your internet connection. Still, if you see your internet is not working as well, check the internet connection light on your router and modem to ensure it’s not giving any kind of errors.
Where is the reset button on the Mediacom router?
Firstly, you need to check your router’s power is on. Simply, you will check the reset button on the back of the Mediacom router. Please, push and hold the reset button for 35-40 seconds and then release it.
Why is my wifi not working on Mediacom?
You need to reboot your Mediacom wireless router by unplugging it from the power source, wait for at least 35 seconds, ensure the cables are properly connected, and power on the device. You need to verify if your devices can be linked to the wireless signal now.
What lights should be on the Mediacom modem?
If you see the light is solid green, the power of the Mediacom modem is on. If any case, the green light is not on, it indicates that the modem’s powered off.
Why does my Mediacom Internet keep disconnecting?
If you are facing some problem with your Mediacom internet and the connection is low, the network firmware or your adapters may be outdated. In this situation, you need to go to the device manager and upgrade the drivers for the usable modem or router.
How do I access my Mediacom router?
Simply, you can visit homewifi.mediacomcable.com and need sign into the control panel with your ID of Mediacom, and then you can access the Mediacom Home Network Manager. Obviously, you go to the login section and complete login to Home Network Manager of Mediacom.
If you want to reset your router, this guide will help to get how to reset the Mediacom router. Of course, the Mediacom router users are constantly required to reset their routers, so resetting is necessary. Please, follow the above methods and steps to reset your Mediacom router.